The common theme for recreational activities is the use of the body. This is not true to all recreational activities. One recreational activity that is gaining traction and popularity over the past few years is the escape room experience. Its theme is to lock people inside a room to seek for different clues that can be used to solve several puzzles in order to gain freedom. This focuses on the mind to complete the activity and very little on the body. The good news is it requires wit rather more than knowledge. What makes escape rooms a hit today?
1. Condition your brain – One has to use the brain in order to look for clues and try to solve the puzzles in order to escape the room. You can be sure of the great effects of such activity.
2. Team-building – You are not advised to experience the escape room alone so you will be paired with others if you do not have a companion. The room can have as many as eight persons at the same time. You can then learn how to properly coordinate with the group.
3. Different themes – If you go to a particular recreational place, the place will look almost the same for several years until new improvements are made. This is not the case with escape rooms. You can choose any theme you prefer such as crime scene, outer space or prison. You will not be bored visiting escape rooms multiple times every year since you can simply choose a different theme every time.
4. Thrill – It is normal to seek some excitement. It is within each and every one of us. A stay at home mom even look for adventure sometimes. However a lot of recreational activities which are adventure in nature often demand high physical abilities. Escape rooms are the exception. Your body will not matter much.
5. Safe – There is always risk involved for various recreational activities. You can drown while swimming or diving. Sports activities make people prone to injuries. Even a theme park ride can be a disaster with equipment failure. This is not true with escape rooms. Even a hyperactive child is safe when placed in the escape room.
6. Assuming different identities – With a theme based setting, one can immerse into a role which is entirely different from the actual life. You get to be a detective or even an astronaut. This allows people to play their fantasy life.
7. It is fun – You get to have fun without thinking about your job or daily life as you experience the thrill along with other people. There is no need to travel far or be absent at work as you can visit the escape during the weekend.
Escape rooms are something to experience. Invite your friends or colleagues while you’re at it. Now you have more options for the weekend. Try calling your nearest escape room today.